Covid-19: Public health and infection control at 3T
For you to be safe when training at 3T, we have introduced several cleaning routines and sanitization measures of infection control for our members to avoid infection and spreading disease. However, it is vital that you as a member also contribute.
This consist of maintaining proper routines of infection control as advocated by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often, particularly when around other people.
- Use a towel when participating in a group exercise or in the gym. The towel is to be placed between yourself and the machine you are using.
- Clean and wipe-down every equipment you may be using at our facilities.
Our facilities will have regular opening hours except from our childcare services which will remain closed until further notice. We encourage all of our members to shower at home If you don’t have the need of using our shower facilities. If you want to avoid our busiest and most crowded hours, we recommend you avoid training between 5-8 on weekdays.
The health and safety of our members has always been our top priority and it’s never been more important. With that in mind, all members are required to follow our guidelines STERK when training at our facilities.
S SYMPTOMLESS – Stay home if you’re sick
T SAFE DISTANCE – Keep 1 meter apart
E EXTRA CAREFUL HANDWASH – Thorough and frequently
R CLEAN EQUIPMENT AFTER USE – Thorough and frequently
K AVOID PHYSICAL CONTACT – Thorough and frequently
“Always have the guidelines of infection control in mind – wipe-down and clean the equipment after use”
Our enhanced cleanliness protocols include zone cleanings throughout each day in all areas of the gym, daily deep cleanings and required equipment wipe-down after each use. Additional supply stations with medical-grade cleaners for wiping down equipment after use and hand sanitizer will also be made available.
Furthermore, it is important that you as a member wear clean clothes, have a clean towel with you and always wash your hands before entering our training facilities.
Our capacity, sanitization and distancing protocols are as directed by the government as well as guidelines and recommendations from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
If you find yourself in a risk group or you are uncertain if you are able train at our facilities, we encourage to contact your local 3T facility. For our seniors, we facilitated so that our senior classes are being held on less busy hours of the day.
We hope all our members will experience a time of safety, exercise and well-being.
3T are conducting these measures of infection control:
- On duty staff in our busiest hours to ensure that the guidelines for infection control are being upheld
- Enhanced cleanlines protocols, including zone cleanings throughout each day in all areas of the gym and more frequent deep cleanings.
- Reduced number of participants in our group exercise classes to promote physical distancing.
- More down-time between group exercise classes to ensure proper ventilation and cleanliness
- Supply stations with medical-grade cleaners for wiping down equipment after use and hand sanitizer will also be made available
- More staff on duty
- Increased distance between machines to ensure physical distancing
- Members will have earlier entry to the group exercise classes to avoid a queue
- Our Childcare services will remain closed until further notice
- Reduced capacity in our dressing rooms to secure physical distancing.
As a member of 3T, we need you to follow these guidelines:
- If you feel sick, please stay at home
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often before, during and after training
- Do not have physical contact with other people
- All members are encourage to wear clean workout clothes
- You should always bring a clean towel when training at our facilities. This applies both for participating on a groups exercise class and for training in the gym. If you do not have a towel you will be denied training at our facilities. If you forget to bring one, new towels can be bought at the front desk at any of our facilities.
- Clean equipment after use. This applies for both in the gym and in group exercise classes.
- Promote physical distancing of 1 meter – avoid crowding or queues
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose to protect others. Throw the tissue away immediately, then wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue available, use a flexed elbow.
- Do not stay at our facilities longer than necessary.
- Avoid touching your face while training
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your membership, the reopening of our facilities or the period we were closed you can read more here